8.01.2011

Refuge: just what I was looking for

Lama Ole, Brighton (Sept. 2010)
I guess I'm not the only one: we all reject what hurts and look for things that make us feel good; most of us, however, look in the wrong place. I have always been a nomad: can't stay in a place, job, relationship... for more than a couple of years, thus I've learned about impermanence since I was very young. And still, I wanted to believe that there must be something out there that can last, that won't vanish. But, what? And where to start looking for it?

The answer came when I met Buddhism in 2009 in England. I was there studying a Masters, and I got to know some nice people who were actively practising Buddhism, in the Diamond Way school of it. The feeling during and after meditating with them was so great that I decided to go further. I read, I started practising myself, I joined them for the group meditations... And there I was few months later, the 17th of June 2010, taking Refuge in a pub in London, with Lama Ole and a bunch of enthousiastic people vibrating together with the sound of the mantras.

I knew I had found what I had been looking for.

No comments: