8.28.2011

Emptiness is form

(I haven't finished reporting the Stupa Trip 2010 yet, but I wanted to share something with you before I continue copying my trip notes in here. May I?)

As Buddha said, "emptiness is form, form is emptiness, form and emptines are inseparable". What did he mean with that? Most of people would think of emptiness as lack of something, the void, the vacuum. However, as Buddha taught his pupils, where there is emptiness there is also limitless possibilities. I am strongly experiencing how right he was.

Since I came back from England, I have been describing my situation in terms of negative aspects: "I don't have a job. I don't have a home. I don't have a partner. I don't have money. I don't know what will I be doing in a couple of months...". Of course it teaches me about refuge: all these things we use to rely on (job, home, love) are not there anymore, thus I need to hold on to something, but what? My mind, no doubt, and meditation is the fastest way I know of getting to know it, to know myself. But somehow I was not still feeling completely convinced about how good my situation was.

Then I went to Tenovice, in the Czech Republic, to do my first Phowa. And it was more than inspiring. Back to Barcelona I realised how wrong I had been, how blinded by stiff ideas and thick veils I was. I have in front of me limitless possibilities, and I must be open to them all, because whatever comes will be for good.

No comments: